Welcome to la Ferté Saint-Aubin
First Solognote village south of Orléans
Town Hall (Mairie)
Place Charles de Gaulle - BP 49
45240 - La Ferté Saint-Aubin
00 33 (0)2 38 64 83 81
The best way to define la Ferté Saint-Aubin is "a country town" where you will find :
- all the advantages of a town insofar as the services, numerous shops, primary and secondary schools, accommodation (hotels, bed and breakfast, holiday cottages, caravan park), leisure activities, bus and train station,
- the calm and tranquillity of the countryside, walking trails all around, ponds and artificial lakes where you can picnic and fish,
- variety of leisure sports such as golf, tennis, horse riding, swimming...,
- a lot of sociocultural activities open to the public (a weekly market, nocturnal summer markets, car boot sales, shows, concerts...)
The SNCF train station has trains running frequently in and out Of Orléans (10 minutes jurney) and it takes just over an hour to get to Paris which is ideals for those who wish to visit for the day or the weekend.
For your relaxation and leisure, there is :
The new aquatics centre right next to the Cosson River
There is something for everyone : the aquatic play area, the Nordic swimming pool and the wellness area.
Hiking / Trekking
Whether it's with the family or alone, on your bike or on foot, hiking, trekking and rambling trails can be found everywhere.
Maps of all the circuits are for sale at the Tourist information Board at la Ferté Saint-Aubin.
There are two golf courses actually in la Ferté Saint-Aubin, one 18-hole and a 27-hole (2 courses).
You can fish all year round on the banks of the Cosson River, which flows through la Ferté Saint-Aubin alongside the château and at les Aisses large communal pond.
Fishing permits are available at the Tourist information board.
What to visit and discover :
Le Château de La Ferté Saint-Aubin,
Discover this 17 th century château where its stables and park are open to the public most of the year : 15 furnished rooms, stables, real live historical kitchens that are still in use, the enchanted island, and old train station dating back to the 1930's and a loft full of games and toys.
Events are put on throughout the year (Easter, Christmas, Flower festivals...)
and you can to visit :
- Saint-Michel old neighbourhood
- Saint-Aubin church
- Notre Dame des Trays "La Chapelle"
- La Grange rétro "musée"
- Le mémorial de Bellefontaine
and that's not all :
- The Loire bike route, and if you want to do the whole route from start to finish you can "bike" it by train
- Châteaux of Chambord, Cheverny and Sully
- Domaine du Ciran, Ménestreau-en-Villette
- Ligny-le-Ribault eco-museum "Eco-musée"
- Villeny deer house "Maison du Cerf"
- Chaon poaching house "Maison du braconnage"
- Saint-Viatre pond house "Maison des Etangs"
- La Ferté Saint-Aubin and Marcilly-en-Villette golf courses
- Orléans la Source Flower Park "Parc Floral"
Get in touch with the Tourist information Board who will be more than please to help you organise your visit.