Wecome to Marcilly-en-Villette
Situated on edge of the Sologne, Marcilly-en-Villette is a charming village. It is not from Orléans therefore it is appreciated by both city-dwellers and country lovers and it is great place to live.
Town Hall (Mairie)
62, place de l'Eglise
45240 - Marcilly-en-Villette
02 38 76 10 19
This village has a surface aera of 6110 hectares and alternates woodland, agricultural fields, heathland and ponds. Its architectural heritage along with its authentic and unspoiled environment will be peasure to the eye of every hiker or rambler.
For your relaxation and leisure, these is :
The new aquatics centre right next to the Cosson River
( La Ferté Saint-Aubin)
There is something for everyone : the aquatic play area, the Nordic swimming pool and the wellness area.
Parc du Bourillon
A natural park right in the heart of the village where you can stroll, picnic or play French bowls "pétanque"
Marcilly Golf course
27 holes for beginners and 18 holes for golfers
Hiking / Trekking
A health trail and marked-out hiking trails (9-15-20 km), you are spoilt for choice.
Maps of all the circuits are for sale at the Tourist information Board at la Ferté Saint-Aubin.
Fishing / Picnic
Likewise fishing is also easily accessible. Lots of rivers and communal ponds (daily fishing permits available)
- gymnastics, dojo, weight training
What to visit and discover :
- St Etienne church
- St Blaise fountain
- Heritage and natural trails
Things to visit close-by :
- Château of La Ferté Saint-Aubin, Chambord, Cheverny, Sully
- Domaine du Ciran, Ménestreau-en-Villette
- Ligny-Le-Ribault eco-museum "Eco-musée"
- Villeny deer house "Maison du cerf"
- Chaon poaching house "Maison du braconnage"
- Saint-Viâtre pond house "Maison des Etangs"
- Orléans La Source Flower Park "Parc Floral"
- La Ferté Saint-Aubin and Marcilly-en-Villette golf courses.